MCA (Master of Computer Applications) program of our College is affiliated to the APJ Abdul Kalam Kerala Technological University.
Admission Eligibility :
Candidates should have passed BCA/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree, OR Passed B.Sc./B.Com/BA with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduation level. Candidates should have obtained at least 50 % marks in the Degree examination. It is 45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category.
Duration of the Course
: 2 years
The programme is conducted in four semesters.
Excel in professional career and / pursue higher education and research utilizing the knowledge gained in mathematics and computational domain.
Ability to analyse real world problems and develop economically feasible and environmentally acceptable solutions.
Work in multidisciplinary teams with robust ethical and sustainable computing perspectives, adaptable to the changing trends in technology and society by engaging in lifelong learning.
Comprehend and interpret principles and mathematical foundations required for algorithm analysis, software engineering, database systems, Artificial Intelligence, networking and mobile technologies.
Utilize knowledge and expertise gained to build software systems that solve problems, individually and in teams, cohering to the principles of Software development and adhering to moral and ethical values.
Adapt to future technological changes and contribute to the society and scientific community through research initiatives to develop novel technologies.
MCA Graduates will be able to :
1. Computational Knowledge : Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
2. Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
3. Design/development of solutions : Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage : Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Professional Ethics : Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
7. Life-long Learning : Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
8. Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
9. Communication Efficacy : Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations and give and understand clear instructions.
10. Societal and Environmental Concern : Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal and cultural issues within local and global contexts and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practices.
11. Individual and Team Work : Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Innovation and Entrepreneurship : Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.